QK-A024 is a compact dual channel, VHF AIS receiver and is able to receive information from both AIS frequencies simultaneously. It can also combine one external NMEA0813 (9.6kbps) data source with GPS and AIS messages. This single data stream is then transmitted synchronously via WiFi, USB and RS422.
An AIS dual-channel Receiver for under £80 plus a complete NMEA –> WiFi multiplexer FREE!!!!
The marine Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a location and vessel information reporting system. It allows vessels equipped with AIS to automatically, and dynamically share and regularly update their position, speed, course and other information such as vessel identity with similarly equipped vessels. Position is derived from the Global Positioning System (GPS) and communication between vessels is by Very High Frequency (VHF) digital transmissions. There are a number of types of AIS device, like Class A transceivers, Class B transceivers, AIS base stations, Aids to Navigation (AtoN) and AIS receivers.
- Two independent receivers monitoring AIS channels (161.975MHz & 162.025MHz) and decoding both channels simultaneously
- Sensitivity down to -107 dBm@30% PER
- Up to 55 nautical miles receiving range
- USB 2.0 powered (<270mA @ 5.0V)
- NMEA-0183 message output through WiFi, USB and RS422
- Combine NMEA input(9.6kpbs only), GPS and AIS messages and output as a seamless stream of data
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
- Plug & play connectivity with most chart plotters and PCs
A full Application note is available for download here.
In the box:
- QK-A024 AIS receiver
- WiFi Antenna
- Mini-USB to standard USB cable
- Mini-CD with Drivers and Application Note/User Instructions